Although clear tempered safety glass is the standard. We also offer Low-e, bronze and gray tint as options that you may choose.
Most common in homes is the inside slide which means the panel slides inside the fixed outer panel. Outside sliding models which are less common would require us to install the pet door in the fixed interior panel..
Although the custom pet door is designed to replace common thermal pane glass, True View can customize units to fit a variety of options that include sliding windows, picture windows and swinging doors. Ask your True View Window sales rep for customization details.
The pet door system will fit almost any double pane doors made in the United States. The conversion frame comes in 3 sizes designed to fits doors that feature glass thicknesses between 5/8th inch, 3/4 inch and 1 inch, which is common on most patio doors. True View Windows installation professionals can quickly identify any potential problems prior to ordering and installing. Remember we do custom as well.
Typically the glass is not sharp and can be handled with bare hands. However; it is still recommended that you use gloves.
Clear glass, arctic blue, azuria blue glass, blue glass, blue green glass, blue reflective, dark green glass, green glass, bronze glass, bronze reflective, green reflective, gray glass, black glass.
It’s just glass.
Yes, the glass itself radiates heat and provides a constant flow. GlazChips™ fire glass produces more heat than typical gas logs. Initially there is nothing blocking the radiant heat that is produced by the flame and glass.
No, the fire glass is designed to be used in a vented solid fuel-burning fireplace equipped with a gas outlet.
Follow these simple steps below along with a tape measure, calculator, pen and paper.
- Measure (in inches) the width of your fireplace from left to right and take note of the measurement. If your fireplace is angled back, measure the middle width.
- Measure (in inches) the depth of the fireplace, from the front to the back wall and take note of the measurement.
- Use the calculator to multiply the width (inches) by depth (inches).
- Multiply the total by 3 or 4 depending on how deep you want the glass to be.
- Divide total by 19.
This final number represents how many pounds of fireglass you will need for your fireplace. GlazChips™ and True View recommends using approximately 70% in clear fire glass as a base and the remaining 30% in the colored or reflective fire glass you prefer. This is the most cost-efficient approach and will allow you to update your color at a minimal expense.
Yes, True View is Milgard Window and Door Certified Dealer. We provide free-in home estimates on all products.
It’s a matter of where the most heat is coming from: in summer it is outside, and in winter it is inside. Low-e glass keeps the heat where it is needed. In the winter, Low-e glass keeps more heat inside by reducing the amount escaping though the glass and helping to lower heating bills. Some heat is not permitted to enter or exit the home, but this is outweighed by the benefits of the amount of extra heat kept inside (much less heat escapes). Low-e glass reduces the amount of direct heat that enters through the glass thus reducing the solar heat gain and helping to reduce cooling costs.
Low-e coatings must be sealed within an insulating glass unit, no maintenance is required. If low-e glass is used in a single glazing application, then normal cleaning with a mixture of 50 percent water and 50 percent isopropyl alcohol is recommended.
ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy helping us all save money and protect the environment through energy efficient products and practices. For more information, visit www.energystar.gov.
A U-factor (or U-value) of a window or door is the rate of heat loss. The lower the U-Factor, the better the window or door keeps heat in your home during the winter. This means lower heating bills.
Vinyl is a great insulator, superior in its resistance to heat transfer. Vinyl windows and doors are affordable, durable, energy efficient, aesthetically appealing and require little maintenance.
LBasically there are three types of materials used. Aluminum windows, which easily show scratches in the painted surface area, conduct both heat and cold so they are not good insulators. Wood windows, which require the most amount of care including painting and caulking, absorb moisture and can cause damage to the window frame including rotting. The third type is Vinyl windows. Vinyl windows require the least amount of maintenance and do not show scratches. Vinyl windows are quickly becoming the leading choice by builders and homeowners across the country.